- Halcyon offers the Explorer wing for double tank diving . The Explorer wings are available in two lift capacities to satisfy various buoyancy requirements, and are able to accommodate a wide range of tank sizes, exposure protection, and equipment requirements. Halcyon explorer wings are available in 40 lbs. (18kg), and 55 lbs. (25kg) lift capacities.Halcyon’s Explorer wing is made from the most rugged materials available for a buoyancy compensator. The 400 denier nylon bladder has a tighter weave and is therefore more puncture resistant than a broad weave. The Explorer’s 1680 ballistic nylon outer shell is designed for maximum abrasion resistance. The two materials used together offer the best protection from damage in any wing design.* Heavy-duty zipper has a three-inch wide strip of Cordura to prevent zipper chaff on the inner bladder
* Two-inch webbing-reinforced backbone construction
* “Trap-door” drainage system allows water to drain rapidly from the outer cover to minimize excess weight and diver effort reboarding the dive boat
* Inflator elbow strain relief constructed from two-inch nylon webbing minimizes wear on this connection
* Narrower, elongated construction improves streamlining and trim
* Relocated corrugated hose eliminates stress from impact with tanks
* All Explorer wings are CE-certified for sale in the European CommunityThe Explorer wings can be mated with either the Halcyon hard-coated aluminum or six pound stainless steel backplate, providing divers with a variety of weighting solutions. The 40 lbs. Explorer wings provide a minimalist approach to buoyancy where double aluminum 80s and a wetsuit are the rig of choice. The widely popular 55 lbs. Explorer wings are ideally suited for use with situations requiring additional lift such as with heavy double steel tanks.